We provide legal advice to startups and financial institutions utilizing innovative technology in their business, including blockchain.
In 2018, influential Legal Insight magazine researched 400 Russian law firms and ranked Danilov & Partners second in terms of number of advisory mandates on initial coin offerings (click here to download the research in Russian).
Our recent experience includes advising on the following projects:
The fintech practice of Danilov & Partners combines our cross-border corporate, commercial and M&A experience with solid understanding of the blockchain technology and applicable legal issues. The world of blockchain is developing quickly, and you need agile lawyers who understand both legal and technical challenges. We strongly believe in the promises of new technology and stay on top of the recent developments.
We can help you with all legal aspects of your project. To name a few areas, we can support you with:
- selecting the right jurisdiction and incorporating your legal vehicles;
- navigating your project through applicable legislative requirements, including structuring tokens and complying with securities regulations;
- drafting/amending all necessary documents like memorandum of understanding, non-disclosure agreement, token purchase agreement, SAFT and agreement with service providers;
- reviewing your marketing materials;
- preparing legal opinions;
- obtaining necessary licenses.
In areas where additional specialized expertise is required we have curated a strategic network of practitioners in other practice groups and jurisdictions to bring the best mix of skills to each project. We will be also happy to introduce you to our network of blockchain developers and marketers.
In addition to legal support, Danilov & Partners can serve as an escrow agent for both virtual and fiat currencies. We can hold virtual currencies, tokens and fiat in trust for the benefit of the client.
For more information please contact Peter Khokhlov, the head of our Digital Economy practice.