We offer one of the most experienced teams of international attorneys in Russia. We are dedicated to offering personal attention to our clients in today’s difficult business climate. Our clients need legal advice and guidance on a faster and tighter budget than ever before. Our response is to offer top-notch, big firm experience without the hassle of the big firm paperwork. Our small firm platform allows us to quickly respond to clients’ needs while guaranteeing a high level of service.
Because of our Russian and international background, we are able to bridge the gap that often happens between clients and their counter-parties in cross-border transactions. We strive to act in the best interest of our clients’ strategic business needs each and every day, as their advocate in all aspects of the transaction.
Cross-borders / Energy / M&A
- Advising a world’s leading provider of technology for oil and gas industry on its acquisition of a stake in a Russian manufacturer of spare parts and drilling rigs. In addition to assisting the client in drafting the transaction agreements, negotiating with the seller and advising generally on English and Russian law, the notable aspect of the deal was to structure it in a way that was compliant with the US and EU sanctions regime.
- Advising one of the largest international full stream oil and gas service company on the sale of its operational assets to a Russian state-owned energy company.
Cross-border / Blockchain / Token sale
- Over the past 12 months, we have advised on the token sales of CRYPTO20, Qurrex, Rega and Crypterium along with some ongoing projects like Sambanx and Incremint. For more details about our fintech practice please click here.
Cross-border / Oil services / Antitrust and merger control
- Advising the large oilfield services company, Baker Hughes, on the Russian merger and antitrust aspects of its massive US$32 billion merger with GE to create an industry giant spanning oilfield services, equipment manufacturing, and technology.
Construction projects / Energy
- Advising Irkutsk Oil Company (INK) on a US$2.3bn gas project at Yaraktinskoe oil and gas condensate field, including its cooperation with Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan) on the construction of an ethylene plant.
- Advising a major Russian independent oil company on an EPSS (design, manufacturing, equipment supply and site services) agreement with a hi-end producer of helium equipment for the construction of a liquefied helium production facility.
Russia / Logistics / Private equity
- Assisting Marsfield Capital (new name – Era Capital), a Russian US$1 billion private equity fund, on the establishment of a joint venture to build and manage Port Vera, a 20 million ton marine coal terminal in the Russian Far East.
Russia / Dispute / Debt recovery
- Successfully challenging a debtor’s (defendant’s) transaction that sought to asset strip real property worth over US$2 million. The debtor is a famous Russian interior designer who tried to avoid debt repayment to our client. The case is notable for being a quite rare example of challenging a debtor’s transaction in Russia without initiating a bankruptcy procedure.
Private equity / digital economy
- Advising iTech Capital, a private equity and venture capital firm focused on the digital economy on a transaction in relation to its flagship iTech Fund I involving a sale by several limited partners of their interests in the fund to a new limited partner.
Banking and finance
- Advising a borrower on an ISDA Swap Master Agreement based financing secured by GDRs admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising a lender on the extension of a term loan facility secured by mortgage of real estate and respective due diligence of real estate assets.
- Representing a party providing finance to a Russian manufacturing group in the preparation of transaction documents, equity financing, share transfer and security documents under English and Cypriot law (with the involvement of a Cypriot counsel).
Cross-border / Energy and infrastructure / Corporate and M&A
- Representing LUKOIL in an M&A transaction involving its retail fuel division, including providing escrow services in addition to the legal advice.
- Advising a Russian investor in structuring and documenting an equity and debt investment into a Vietnamese company.
- Advising two different clients on a consortium formation and tender in connection with the construction and operation of a pipeline in South Asia; and on the tender process for an oil refinery construction in Africa.
- Representing a financial investor in a Colorado-based joint operating arrangement for the exploration of gas deposits in Eastern United States.
- Advising a large Russian private oil company in amending and restating the agreements with a top international investment bank represented by Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.