Our Competition and Antitrust practice focuses on advising our clients on the potential competition-law impact of corporate transactions and obtaining antimonopoly and governmental approvals for investments in strategic sectors. We also help clients to mitigate the risks and consequences of infringing competition and antitrust regulations.
In particular, the Competition and Antitrust practice:
- advises on economic concentration issues and assists clients in obtaining antitrust approvals, including for joint operations agreements;
- assists clients in obtaining government clearance for investments in strategically important sectors;
- reviews agreements and other business arrangements for compliance with the antitrust laws;
- creates and implements compliance programs;
- represents clients in connection with scheduled and non-scheduled audits and in challenging antitrust authority’s rulings; and
- represents clients in administrative and court proceedings against the antitrust authority, including on matters related to an abuse of dominant position, anticompetitive agreements, including cartels and unfair competition.
Recently, we advised Baker Hughes on the Russian merger and antitrust aspects of its massive US$32 billion merger with GE and an international oil and gas service company on the antitrust aspects of a US$100 million disposal of its operational assets to a Russian state-owned oil company.
For more information please contact Andrei Danilov, our Managing Partner.