Any economy stagnates without investment in infrastructure. In Russia the emphasis has been on the development of oil and gas infrastructure, from pipelines to refining facilities.
We at Danilov & Partners have helped clients to draft, negotiate and settle contracts for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of energy infrastructure. We are able to do so in an efficient and commercial way while at the same time making sure the clients’ interests are fully protected.
Our experience includes successful negotiations with such contractors and licensors as Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan), TechnipFMC (France), Wison (China), Univation Technologies (USA), Cryogenic Gas Technologies (USA) and KBR Technology (USA). For more information about our practice please click here.
We have also advised Russian companies on infrastructure construction projects outside Russia. For example, we assisted a client in forming a consortium and participating in a tender for the construction and operation of a pipeline in South Asia, and a tender for the construction of a refinery in Africa.
With a team of Russian and foreign law qualified lawyers, many of whom have extensive experience working for global law firms, Danilov & Partners is in a position to provide a full range of legal services for construction projects and represent both project sponsors and contractors. Such services include:
- advising on project structuring, including bankability analysis;
- preparing term sheets for the project;
- negotiating and settling (and where necessary, drafting) the full package of project documents, including technology license agreements, FEED and pre-FEED contracts, engineering and design contracts, EP, EPC, EPCM and O&M contracts, and equipment supply contracts;
- advising on project and export financing with the involvement of international export credit agencies, including COFACE, EXIM, Hermes, JBIC, K-SURE, NEXI;
- advising on investor relations;
- advising on governmental treaties and sovereign guarantees;
- advising on regulatory matters, including export restrictions, environmental impact, authorizations and licensing; and
- representing clients in court and international commercial arbitration arising from investment disputes.
For more information please contact Andrei Danilov, our Managing Partner.